The skin editor can be used to make both simple loaders and complex navigations, but they both follow the same workflow.
The Basic Workflow
- Open the Skin Editor (Tools > Skin Editor).
- Customize the layout of the canvas using the skin settings:
- Make sure no elements are selected. In the Properties section, Canvas panel, choose the size of the canvas, and change the grid size.
- Zoom in to the canvas.
- Add elements to skin. These can be buttons, images, SWFs, sounds, or external elements.
- Go to the toolbar and select any element, then click in the Editor to add.
- Go to the menu bar and choose, Elements. Select an element and then click in the Editor to add.
- Drag the elements on to the Editor’s canvas.
- Arrange the elements.
- Apply actions to elements for user interactivity and control. Select any element and go to the Actions panel in the Properties section. Double-click the empty table row or click the green plus icon.
For example, to make a button rotate/pan left, choose Mouse Click as the Source, and Pan Left as the Action.
The Interface (Skin Editor)
All tutorials for the Skin Editor
|Previous: Learn about the Toolbar and Menu Bar||Next: Edit an Existing Skin|